Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sept 12

breakfast, steel cut oatmeal with craisins (cook the oatmeal with the craisins and a pinch of salt)
lunch, baked potato bar, salad
dinner, leftovers


We have been eating lots of leftovers. I cooked for a zone conference this week and most of the leftovers came home with us "Hey! you have lots of kids at your house. Take all of this home." Easy cooking week for me! Next week more will have to come out of the freezer to be used.

#6 has turned 3. I walked through the baby section at Meijer and there was nothing she could fit into. The tall genes have blessed her and she is in 4/5s. It was sort of sad for me. I hold other people's little ones and get my baby fix that way.

In way of interesting events, this week I was almost beat up at the thrift store. I think I will take my dad's advice and take the CCW class. So instead of being just a hot mama, I can be a hot packing mama. Yes, it was that bad. Not exaggerating. It took me about 24 hours to stop shaking.

We are home from church. #4 is sick. He is still running a fever and laying on the couch in his red stripe jammies pretending he is asleep. He is trying hard but his feet were just moving in time to the ding-dong clock we have. I think it is so funny when little kids think their eyes are closed that no one can see them.

I am having menu envy. A friend of mine makes up these menus with poached eggs on brioche with pistou and minted blueberries with lemon cream for breakfast. Only 3 girls to feed at their house. But some days I really want to go to their house to eat.

School really starts tomorrow. We have been working to get all the computers set up and books in place and busy boxes put together. Everyone but #1 seems to be excited to start. Big surprise there, right?

Off to make bread and change loads in the laundry.

1 comment:

dawn said...

Give more details regarding the thrift store incident. There's probably a REALLY STORY there. Glad you were not hurt.

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...