Thursday, December 11, 2008

I just don't get it

Today I found out from DH that he is heading to New Jersey for a week. You know, the week before Christmas? Mild panic attack hits me as I realize, "Oh. I don't have a gift for DH." So, DH is on the phone finalizing the travel plans I whip my hair back in a ponytail, slap on some lip gloss and wave goodbye. He mouths, "where are you going?" I say, "Christmas shopping-you are leaving and I have to go shopping." (how often do I say I have to go shopping? never.)

I head to WalMart. I had to buy curtain rods and they have the cheapo 1.67 a rod kind there. I pass through shoes to look for slippers for #1 cause I can't find a size 14 at the thrift store. (Yes-14s.) On my way out of the section I hear a WalMart associate arguing with a customer. "No. That is not my job." Add all the sass and attitude you can think of and you have the correct tone she had. I had passed this man and he was trying on boots. He was in a scooter and had to be pushing 85. He was having trouble getting a boot off and the associate would not help him. I had kept on walking and was about to leave the section but I just couldn't do it. I could not leave this man who needed help getting a boot off alone. The associate just sashayed past me with her maincured nails up in the air, rolling her eyes and bad mouthing this man.

OK, yes, he could have smelled better. Sure, he could have brought some one to help him but he didn't. I turned my cart around and asked him if he needed help. He just needed help getting a boot off. It took some pulling but no one else was around to see my butt up in the air so I just leaned over and heaved away. 5 minutes tops. I just don't get it.

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...