Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Memorization

We have asked our boys to memorize the Articles of Faith by the end of the year. There are thirteen statements that describe the fundamental beliefs of our faith, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Last night as we were going over them, we heard moaning about how, "I just am not going to be able to do number 13! It is too long!" So, DH and I encouraged them to memorize #13 first, the all the rest would be easy.

This is number 13:
We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

#1 son was reading it last night. He read the ammunition of Paul. I was giggling (as mothers do), DH was giving me the evil eye 'cause I was giggling during scriptures. I guess Paul did give us some good ammo-faith, hope, endurance.

It is great ammunition.

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...