Monday, August 9, 2010

Thank You Friends

Thanks for your comments on my big ol whiny post of Saturday.

I know that our challenges will change as the children age. Thank you for the perspective Marie, Dawn and Cindy.

The one thing I know is this....I love these children. And there is absolutely nothing that prepares you for the work and fatigue of having a large family.

Every now and then I sit and wonder. I wonder what it would have been like to have been a small family. I wouldn't need 2 sets of washers and dryers or 2 dishwashers or have to cook 4 pounds of pinto beans at a time or make 60 pancakes at a time. I would have been sleeping for the last 8 years!

But then I realize we would have missed out on the wonderful personalities of my younger 4 children. Who would want to have missed out on them??! My older 2 guys are serious and the younger 4 have brought lots joy and laughter into our lives.

I try to keep it in perspective. I try. I try. I try.


Honestly, it has just been a humdinger of a year. With all the stuff relating to #5 being molested, #1's fall out with that and then DH falling down the stairs. I just need to take better care of myself to keep my equilbrium.

I am learning.

Thank you my friends.

I miss you guys.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Life goes in seasons, my friend. It seems this one is a season of challenges for you, and it has been a long one. But I have learned that we are not given this kind of hard season in our lives, without also being given some great rewards from it.

I hope you get rest. And I hope one day soon you can look back on this season, and revel in the wonderful rewards that have come out of it.

And I think once my September schedule gets released we should pick a get together, and just spend an evening relaxing and lifting each other up, and sharing war stories. (and laughing).

Email me mglantzman1@gmail.com with any thoughts on location. Would love to get away with you and Cindy.

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...