Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I am children's books snob

I admit it. I have read a few books to my kids (*hundreds*) and a lot of them are just not worth my time. I am to the point now that if I don't like the book I get rid of it-donate or even throwaway (gasp!) I am not sure how to describe the books I like. I like books that are not insulting to my child's intelligence. I like books with great art-all different kinds of art. I especially like books that have a moral to them because you are reading you might as well get some character development in there too. I like books that are fun to read (but I am not a huge fan of Dr. Seuss).

So, here is a list of books we have read lately that I just like:

Mailing May
Higgin's Bend Song and Dance
The Salamander Room
Roxaboxen
Click Clack Moo, Cows that Type
The Bee Tree
The Raft
Petunia

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...