Saturday, May 13, 2006

The mommies that could

Today, DS #1 is causing my head veins to pop out. He had a meltdown because the Lego magazine arrived just after he finished his TV privileges. He knew going into the TV privileges that he would have to do some work after his show was completed. He started crying, turning red, being angry because I was making him work too much. I told him that I did not want to yell at him or hurt his feelings. He accepted that. All I did was send him to sit on his bed and think. He came down after 10 minutes and apologized. I forgave him. He came up with a plan to get what he wanted and I approved it.

During this whole little episode of parenting, I have this thought in my brain, "WHAT ARE YOU NUTS???? HE ONLY HAD TO DO 3 PAGES OF MATH AND 1 HOUR OF READING AND HE IS COMPLAINING THAT HE HAS TOO MUCH WORK TO DO?????"

My evil side started thinking, "Send that kid to school and let him see how fast that 7 hours can drag by. Mwaw ha ha haaaaaa."

April and May seem to be the months that I hear homeschool mommies all over say, "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! LET US SEND THEM TO SCHOOLLLLLLLL!!"

Deep breaths mommies. We can do it. We can do it. WE CAN DO IT.



I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.



and in a few years we will be saying (some of you that don't have as many children as I have-I will still be on the I think I can):


I knew I could, I knew I could, I knew I could.





In the meantime, I think I need chocolate.

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...