Thursday, August 20, 2009

My garden is sorta ugly right now

I have been harvesting and canning and not weeding nearly enough. Entire rows have been harvested and are empty. I have onions drying on the deck and an entire laundry basket of potatoes out there for #1 to scrub to put in storage.

Tomatoes are coming in by the half bushel and I am thinking about letting the cucumbers die. The weeds are getting tall and I have to go out and replant broccoli and spinach and cauliflower and kale and lettuce.

On the inside of the homestead we are taking a quiet day. Our dear friends the Earnshaw's left this morning and it is quiet around here. Well, anything would be quiet after yesterday. Not only were there the regular 14 children around Aubrey, Ryan, Heidi, Alex and Travis joined us AND the Lund's. The place was hopping! and lots of laughs and splashes and popsicles we consumed by the dozens. It was a good time.

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...