Friday, August 1, 2008

Shopping

Since we have moved to "the sticks" shopping has been consolidated. We found ourselves in Adrian at the kitchen place and since we were already there we did WalMart and Aldi. DH dropped me off at WalMart. I sent him off with all 6 to Lowe's across the street. He can get out of Lowe's cheaper with all 6 than I can get out of WalMart with all 6. (Can you hear it? Mom? Can we get...can we get....? Don't forget goggles Mom? Can I have legos? every.single.aisle.) I run through WalMart. DH goes through Lowe's (he had the privilege of experiencing shopping with all 6 of them with on tantruming). He picks me up and we go to Aldi. #4 and #3 ask to go in with me. I said, "Let's go!"

We start shopping. Anticipating the 30-45 minute drive home I grab a box of vanilla wafers. #4 says, "Mom! We need to get two. Just to be safe. Safety is vewy impowtant." And he flashes his great big grin and plops a box of vanilla wafers in the cart. Tell me, how do you argue with that?? Safety is vewy impowtant.

giggle

1 comment:

Jen B. said...

Dana, every time I read your posts I just have to laugh -- phonetically spelling what your kids say and just your style of writing is so fun!

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...