Thursday, April 6, 2006

Ode to My Husband

Oh, my dear one, the man of my dreams,
This man who thinks so clear.
The one who knows I do not hold laundry dear.
My words of appreciation this post will teem.

Oh, dear one, I profusely give thank thee.
This morning because of the saved time,
The laundry did not consume I have a moment to rhyme.
I am thankful your thoughts were to set me free.

I expressed the need for an additional shower.
You thought of the bathroom situation.
You thought of the family expansion.
You saw the laundry tower.

Oh, one, two washers, one, two dryers!
You knew that two pair of machines our family required.
Now I know you were seriously inspired.
Without them, the situation would be quite dire.

Thank you, dear one, for making my day,
Already filled with the buzz of school
And the clamour of boys who love to be the fool,
Much, much easier with more time to play!


By the way---I know this is a terrible poem. I am not sure my DH wants this post up. He has red ears. snicker

And before two washers and dryers were installed-the laundry was in towers in the laundry room. Laundry is not a half day affair-not a 3 day event.

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...