Tuesday, December 20, 2005

The Mean Mama

That is me. The Mean Mama.

The boys were behind on their schoolwork. There is a really fun CubScout activity tonight involving a water park. Their father and I told them they had to be finished by 5 pm to be able to have the privilege to go to the activity.

I can honestly say I don't think I have ever seen tears quite so big or sobs so sorrowful. The wailing was tremendous. DS #1 was close. He was only short 4 assignments. DS #2 was never going to make it. They both goofed off too much. Part of me is really sad for them. The other part of me is a bit satisfied they are seeing/feeling the consequences of not finishing their work in a timely manner. I guess I have to really drop the other shoe now. Until they are done with all their bookwork there are no electronics privileges. Man, it is going to kill me.

hanging head in defeat

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...