Thursday, December 8, 2005

Heard at Target

We needed new shirts for the Grandma Christmas party. So, 5 kids and one mama off to Target. They were supposed to have long-sleeved polos on sale. We get there do they have the advertised special?

No.

So I start talking to the boys and ask them to pick a shirt.

#1 finds one quickly-solid navy.
#4 finds a sweater and matching hat (which he gleefully wore).
#3 finds a sweater.
#2 is wandering aimlessly so I start pulling shirts off the rack and ask him if he likes them. "Do you like this one?" "How about this?" "This one?" After about 6 shirts, all of them turned down by this persnicketty child, I pull one more off the rack and ask him if he likes it. He looks at me straight in the eye and says without a hint of amusement, "I am not wearing a shower curtain." Turns around and walks over to the sweater rack.

What is a mom to say?

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...