Monday, December 19, 2005

The Little Shyster

The term shyster is something I have grown up with. Not everyone has this word in their vocabulary. People give me a funny look when they hear it. I always heard my dad talking about this shyster and that shyster. So-and-so is a shyster.

I am raising a shyster. (Just so you know shyster and lawyer are in the same category.) I am not doing it on purpose. He is just that way. He is very smart and very loquacious.

Sunday, after being pulled out of the pew by daddy (because he wasn't being reverent) he decided he wasn't going to be reverent on the stand either while sitting on DH's lap. He was on daddy's lap in front of the entire congregation and still not behaving. Tears were rolling down his face, DH was whispering in his ear and trying to reason with him. What does the kid say? He said, "I will be reverent if you take me to Toys R Us." DH was flabbergasted. I laughed when he told me.

Shyster.

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...