Monday, November 7, 2005

The Song of Silence

Yes, I know it is a Simon and Garfunkel song. The silence was delicious. It was thick. It was sweet. I guess you could liken it to honey. Pretty, thick, delicious, sweet, precious commodity. Wow! It was a great weekend. I found myself sitting at the dining table on Friday morning thinking, "I am sure some people could tire of silence but right now I CAN'T." It is so foreign to me and so very precious.

Cindy and I had a great trip. We slept. We scrapbooked. We ate. We had an adult to talk to-none were bickering, fighting, complaining, whining (well, maybe a little whining). But most of all, there was silence. It was wonderful.

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...