Monday, May 24, 2010

Dinner Conversation Tonight

Is an argument of the virtues of the Lord of the Rings books by Tolkien vs. the movies. It is a lively conversation. #2 and #3 and DH have read all the series and it is just funny.

"NO! they left out an 1/8th of the book!"
"What are you talking about?"
#4 piping up "Mom, I watched a movie with #3 in Dad's office and it was just one big battle. It was AWESOME." with a thumbs up and a nod.
"what about the balroug?" (I don't know how to spell it but it was funny.)
"There were no love interests in the book."
"There were less battles in the books."

I sat there and soaked it in. I have been hoping this part of homeschooling would come one day-sprited conversation about books.

It came tonight.

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...