Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Let the whining begin....

Can you hear it? I sure do!

Full school started again today. It is 3:05 and now chores are being started. #1 mentioned last week (or the week before) that he might want to go to high school. I am not sure about him going because of his huge lapses in judgement but I told him if he wanted to go we would pray about it and we have to get ready. He is ahead in most subjects except writing. He is doing a lot of writing from now on. Do you hear the whining? ah, the complaining is just phenomenal.

I researching and trying to add organizational skills and study skills to their curriculum too.

Now they are doing:
Sonlight history
EIW writing
Teaching Textbooks math (Algebra 1)
Wordly Wise
Copywork
US History (NCCS)(starting next week)
Occupational Therapies (auditory processing)
Art (starts tomorrow!)
Scripture study
Fix-It (grammar)

thinking about adding in geography, and it is thin in science for now. They keep reading all the science books I buy so I guess I will have to hide the next batch when they come. (I know that may not make sense but these kids read things then I hear "Mom! I already read all of this. I know all of this." Try teaching an outlined course to hear that everyday. And when I quiz them, they do know all of it. sheesh.)

1 comment:

Jen B. said...

I'm still contemplating but too scared to make the move to home school :-)

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...