Friday, October 23, 2009

My Baby




She isn't too much of a baby anymore. I fluctuate between being sad she isn't a baby anymore and rejoicing. She is climbing onto everything. She comes up to me in the living room, climbs the arm of the couch and gives me snuggles. She was just up next to me and I kissed her. I said, "My girl." and kissed her again. She giggles and said, "MY Momma."


The talking, oh, the talking. Sometimes we just don't know what she is saying. I just have to look at her and say, "I don't know what you want." She gets all sad and melts down and I have to scoop her up and cuddle her.


She runs really weird. One side of her body pumps an arm at a 90 degree angle always. The other side is all loosey-goosey. She runs everywhere. Anything less than 5 feet away means she runs. For a while when she ran she shot both of her arms behind her. I guess she thought it made her more aerodynamic.


She is just getting used to me leaving the house. For the first 6 weeks of seminary DH reported she would wake and I wasn't in my bed and she went into immediate panic and wailing. I walk into the door now to a chirpy little voice saying, "Mama!! YOU home!!!" accompanied with a body slam hug.

She plays peek-a-boo with herself. She covers her eyes and waits until someone sees her and then says, "ABOO!" She knows all the body parts and it particularly enamored of her belly button. She shows it off lifting up her dress and pointing to it.


She will stand at one end of the room and wave at you. "HI ILI!" "HI AYIA!" "HI TAAA!" "HI BAAA!" She has a scream that makes you think an ice pick is stabbing you in your ear.


I really love when she wakes up from her naps. She has this habit of being just soooo happy it is sometimes hard to comprehend. She is delighted by the smallest things after she wakes up. I regularly hear, "OOOHHHHH!" as she is marvelling at a pair of shoes after she wakes up.
DH said last night that her nickname should be Boots. That is her regular attired lately--a diaper and boots. Purple little snow boots that she can zip herself and a diaper.
She is welled loved by all the sibs. #2 regularly seeks her out says, "Hi Little Baby" and picks her up for some loving.

We are so blessed with her.

1 comment:

The Amayesings said...

What a sweet entry. I too have a child with a screech that makes you think there is an ice pick jabbing you in your ear. She is growing up so fast and is just as cute as the others!!!

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...