Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Free apples

A man in our church gave us all the remaining apples on his tree. I think we got close to 7 bushels. I am dehydrating our applesauce from last year to empty out the jars. It will all get refilled with new applesauce next week. In the meantime we are eating apple crisp, applesauce crumb cake, apple cake, apple butter-you get the idea.

The little girls are enjoying the baskets and baskets of apples. I find apples all around the house with little bites out of them. The are on shelves, tables, upside-down garbage cans, on the piano, the coffee table...

I am very grateful for the free apples but would be even more grateful for a place to lock them up.

:)

1 comment:

Krista said...

Wow! Just when you thought you were done canning... lol

Enjoy!

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...