Thursday, June 14, 2007

Gotta go. BYE.

That is the abrupt ending my girlfriend Jennifer got today while talking to me on the phone. She was mid-sentence. Since Jenn has been around since before I was married and has been around for the boys and their antics. She knew not to get her panties in a bind. She would call me tonight if she didn't hear from me sooner. We have done this before.
This is the scene I see as I am sitting in the family room. The side door opens. #2 has #4 slung over his shoulder like a sack of wheat. #4 is squawking and protesting the entire way. #1 is following them and has blood running all the way from the top of his head, in between his eyes, down his nose and dripping off his chin.
I hung up on my friend then.

#4 decided to pitch rocks at his older brother and got a bulls-eye. Both of them right on the forehead and one sharp enough to make a dent and a good gash. I had to cut his hair and in his normal boy "don't care what I look like very much" attitude said, "If you shave it, just get me a couple hats. I don't care about a scar. It doesn't hurt. Can I just go back outside and play with Tommy?"

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...