Friday, January 19, 2007

Happy Birthday Girlie!

You are two today. I guess you are really out of the realm of babyhood. Your dad and I have known that for at least a month now. You continue to amaze us with your verbal skills. What a difference there is between you and your brothers! As I emerged from my bedroom this morning, you announced that you had on your "PINK!" jammies and patted your tummy to show me. You love the kittens. I am not so sure they love you quite so much. You have learned that chasing them doesn't get you a "kiddie." You wait until they come to their food and water dish to scoop them up. You carry them around by their cat arm pits with their back to legs flailing around the grip onto something. Your dad or I quickly save the cat just for you to do it over and over again until the cat finally disappears hungry or thirsty.

You love to have your nails painted. Maggie, Hannah and Erin did it for you yesterday. You love flaunting your "pinks" and your brothers have learned to oooo and ahhh and tell you how pretty they are. The preferred clothing is a dress and tights. If there are barettes for your hair life is so much better. You have no hair in the front but the hair in the back needs to have a "pwetty" in it. You love to help me cook. You regularly push around the wheat bucket in the kitchen to get to countertop level to see what is going on. You insist to see the mixer mix, the blender blend, the wheat grinder grind and any other appliance do its thing.

You are adored by your big brothers and your father. I love you. But they adore you. You prefer Daddy to get you up in the morning and a brother to help you out. You do still cuddle me and come to me but there are just times of the day when a male is preferred.
Happy Birthday Chica!

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...