Wednesday, January 24, 2007

There were tears today

from my first born. On our way to OM his baby sister barfed all over the car (yes, Kelly, another barfing incident, and you are right, there are tremendous messes that I deal with far too often). We were closer to home than to the meeting so I turned around and headed home. I washed her off, gave her a binky and put her to bed. She slept for 2 hours.

I come out from putting her to bed. #1 is in the middle of the family room floor, bawling, "How come we have to stay home? I want to see my friends." My poor guy, he is learning the hard way that life just isn't always roses and that flexibility is a characteristic we attempt to foster at home. I just hugged him and told him we couldn't get everyone else sick. Poor guy.

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...