Thursday, March 12, 2009

Breathe Deep Mama

Deep breaths.

We use a computer curriculum called Teaching Textbooks. It is great. I love the self-grading. I love the gradebook.

We printed off #1's gradebook today.

I am looking it over. #1 likes to skip problems. #1 likes to skip lessons.

I call him to me (I am inputting the data into a tracking program) and ask him if he thought I wouldn't see the results of his math?

His response: Well, I didn't think you would HACK into my account.



ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

brain dead? brain damage? brain damage. brain damage.

maybe just hormonal 13 year old boy.

chocolate needed cause I am holding back.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Normal.
I have a 15 year old in public school, saying things like: I didn't know he meant do the WHOLE assignment in ONE night.

My number 2 guy is a "shortest way to the end" guy. If no one is checking up on him, he is not going to do all the work. Has been this way forever.

Keep breathing !!

ScrappinCindy said...

Oh My. Deep breaths, lots of chocolate. I wish I was closer; I'd rush you emergency Hot Apple Cider.
You should tell him that of course you can HACK into his account; Dad is a computer geek!
I'm almost afraid to check Scout's math tomorrow; he's been checking himself while I work on the basement. Hang in there!

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...