Thursday, April 19, 2007

Explaining leukemia to my sons

my dear frind called me yesterday morning at 6 a.m. (she restrained herself to wait until then). Her voice was tinged with hysteria. The doctor had called her at 1 a.m. and said get your son to the ER now. She brought him to Providence ER, they sent him to Children's. At 10:45 a.m. the call came-leukemia. The hysteria was full blown. 65% cure rate. Now she is numb. Forms have been signed, bone marrow biopsied, transfusions, spinal tap, surgery and chemo.

If it can happen to her it could happen to any of us...praying for Jon

1 comment:

Marco said...

I like this kind of articles, some time ago when I was in college conducted a similar study on lymphoma leukemia, it is very interesting, thanks for sharing the info...

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...