Saturday, March 24, 2007

Consequences, Smawsequences

Friday the big guys had their final OM meeting. It was at CiCi's pizza. I knew they would have a grand time and they did. After everyone had their fill of pizza, brownies, pop and arcade games we got all loaded up, started driving (about a mile) and #2 yells, "I LEFT MY RETAINERS!"
I flip a u-turn and start envisioning sorting through bags of used napkins, gooky salad and pizza crust all while watching 2 toddlers and 3 other children gawk at the trash we have to actually sort through and keeping #2 on task to find those retainers. It was not a pretty picture in my mind. But do you know what happened? Liability. Liability is what happened. I entered the restaurant and spoke to the manager on duty. #2 was with me and he fully expected he would be doing the looking through the trash. Non-employees are not allowed to go through the trash! There was no consequence for that 10 year old forgetful boy. I felt so terrible as this manager took 15 minutes out of her day to look for my kid's retainers. She emerged with both of them in her hand and said you may want to disinfect them. For sure. I thanked her profusely and on the spot instituted a new retainer policy for the boys. Mom holds them in her bag.

On the other kid who lost his retainers a few weeks ago....let me tell you people, God still works miracles. His retainers were found but only after we had a snow. His little sister somehow got hold of his golden retainers and put them in a mitten in the hat, mitten and glove drawer. In a mitten. If it had been warmer we would have never found them. Miracles still happen. Prayers are answered.

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...