Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Pace of Life

It seems that life is picking up it's pace again. It has been a solid 4 weeks of busy, busy, busy. I remember the sanctity of peace after L. was born. People left our family alone. It was nice. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy interaction with other people. I enjoy serving others and working. Really I do. It just seems that no matter how many times I say to myself, "We need to cut back. We need to simplify" something happens to increase the pace of life.

This last time it was the Prophet and General Conference. So I am stepping up to the plate to substantially increase our efforts in preparedness-both physically and spiritually. At the same time, life seems to roll on. Coop still happens, service still needs to happen, babies still get sick, DH still has these last minute meetings and disappears for entire Sundays at a time (it feels that way) and for some reason, all these kids still need to be clothed, be educated and eat.

No comments:

Texas

The days are so different. Instead of mess and homeschool teaching I have a DH working from home and quiet until 2:54 when #6 (who is 10)...